It will soon be a brand new year, so make your New Year's resolutions now. If you don't have a bachelor's degree, deciding to earn one might be a great resolution for you.
Maybe you have been thinking of earning a bachelor's degree for a while. Maybe you obtained credits in the past but never completed a degree. Make 2020 your year by making the most of the flexibility and convenience of an online bachelor's degree.
Multiple Options With a Bachelor's Degree Online
The online bachelor's degree programs at Louisiana State University in Shreveport (LSUS) provide options for a degree that match your career and personal interests.
You can choose from several programs:
- Bachelor of General Studies.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Management and Administration.
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing.
- Bachelor of Science in Finance.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
Each degree requires completion of 40 courses at three credit hours each, for a total of 120 credit hours. Tuition is $284 per credit hour, based on Fall 2019 pricing.
The net cost of attending LSUS is ranked by the United States Department of Education as one of the most affordable in the country.
Degrees Boost Income and Employment Rates
Of the many reasons to obtain a bachelor's degree online, one of the most compelling is the boost it provides to salary and employment rates.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, people with college degrees earn a median salary of $24,336 more annually than people with high school diplomas. And while college degrees have always provided a salary boost, the amount is the highest it has been in 50 years.
Not only do people with bachelor's degrees earn more, they are also more likely to be employed. In 2018, for example, the unemployment rate for people with bachelor's degrees was 2.2%, while those with high school diplomas had higher rates of employment – 4.1%.
Flexibility and Convenience
The online format increases the flexibility and convenience of obtaining a degree in the new year.
- You never have to make it to campus or a classroom at a particular time. You can study whenever and wherever it is convenient for you. All coursework is conducted online.
- If you are already working, you can continue to do so while completing a degree. There is no need to cut back or quit your job. If you have family responsibilities, an online program allows you to fulfill them and study when it is convenient.
- You do not have to start a program only in the Fall or Spring. Our programs offer multiple start dates. You can start courses in January, March, May, July, August and October.
- If you have taken college courses in the past, they may be accepted for transfer credit, reducing your time and expense toward completion of a degree.
Learn more about LSUS's online undergraduate degree programs.
Sources:National Center for Education Statistics: Fast Facts - Income of Young Adults
Have a question or concern about this article? Please contact us.